The Campus Workstation Select System allows users to enter requests for computing and non-computing equipment and prioritize them for review by Academic Resources. This support document will guide you through the process.
1. Log on to the Workstation Select System using your SFSU credentials - https://select.sfsu.edu/
2. Depending on your role, you may have access to more than one purchase type. Select Instructional Equipment (Bulk Purchase Requests are for College or unit funded workstation purchases that would qualify for a bulk discount).
3. Review the standard workstation options under the Standard Workstations tab. Some models may allow for customization options such as additional memory or storage. If you need a specialized workstation, contact AT: email@example.com.
4. From the Delivery Location tab, enter the default delivery location for your College and a contact name & campus extension. This is what Receiving will use as a central delivery point.
ADDING A NEW INSTRUCTIONAL EQUIPMENT REQUEST
1. Click Add Equipment to add a new request.
2. Select an equipment Type from the dropdown menu. If the selection is a computer, select the appropriate workstation.
3. If you want to customize the selection, click Configure and select any necessary upgrades, then click Save Workstation.
4. If the equipment requested is not a computer, select Not a Workstation and enter the model and part # in the Info box.
5. From the dropdown menu, select the Department requesting the equipment.
6. Add a short Justification of how equipment will be instructionally used and its impact.
7. Enter the requested Quantity.
8. If the equipment is to be delivered to a location other than the default, enter the alternate Delivery Location with Contact name & campus extension. Otherwise, delivery will be to the central location specified.
9. If the equipment is Not a Workstation, enter the total cost for the quantity requested, including taxes, shipping, or other fees.
10. Enter the Rank for each request, indicating its priority. The item ranked 1st is considered the highest priority.
1. When deleting an entry, click the red button to the far right. If a request is mistakenly removed, click Undo Delete to recover it.
2. Once you have finished removing equipment, click Confirm Any Deletions to permanently remove the entries.
1. At any time, click Export Spreadsheet for Review to create an Excel Spreadsheet of your entries for sharing and distribution outside of the system.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80