Use My Bookshelf to to search for and aggregate a collection of SFSU Library resources that you can share with students in your iLearn courses.
To use the bookshelf
Part 1: Add media from SFSU library to your iLearn Bookshelf
- From your course page, in the left side drawer, select My Bookshelf.
- In the upper right corner, select the Find Items button.
- Utilize the Search filters available to narrow your search (ex: by type, keyword, author, title, etc.) and select the Go button.
- After locating your desired media, next to the media's name, select the Add button.
You may utilize your bookshelf to collect library materials you plan to use in the future as well. Students cannot see what you have added to your bookshelf until you follow part 2 listed below.
Part 2: Add media from your iLearn Bookshelf to your iLearn course
- From the course page, in the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙) and select Turn editing on.
- In the week/section you want to add the link, select the +Add an activity button.
- In the menu list, under Resources, select URL and the Add button.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the link. This will become the text for the link your students will select to access the resource.
- In the External URL field, select the Choose a link... button and select the Library Resources repository.
- A list of all the items you previously saved to your bookshelf will be displayed. Locate and select the desired media.
- Select the Save and return to course button.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220