The Quickmail block allows teachers to compose an email and send it to everyone in a course or a subset of users if you only need to reach certain users.
Note: It is a good idea to remind students, both verbally and written in the syllabus, that they are responsible for the accuracy of their email address if they choose to forward their messages from their official campus address to another service, such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc.
- From the course page, locate the Quickmail block.
- Select the Compose New Email link.
- In the Potential recipients list, select the users you wish to email and select the Add button.
If you want to add all participants, select the Add all button instead. If you want to send a message to someone not enrolled in your iLearn class, add their email in the Additional Emails field, separating each email address with a comma.
Note that on an iOS device such as an iPad or iPhone, the potential recipients and selected recipients lists will only show a number, not the actual student names until you tap the list. This is a visual quirk of Apple products and students can still be selected and will still receive email when sent from an iOS device.
- In the Subject field, enter the desired subject name.
- In the Message field, enter the desired message. You can use any of iLearn's formatting tools by selecting a formatting button in the text editor.
Note: You can use the replacement tokens below the message box to personalize your messages for students. For example, to add the recipient's first name to the message, type
%userfirstname%into your message where you want the first name to go.
- If you would like to send the message immediately, select the Send now button. If you would like to schedule the email for later delivery or set up a recurring email, select the Send at a Specific time radio option and use the corresponding menu items to schedule your email.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 80