The Quickmail block allows you to send emails to one, several, or all of the enrolled participants. The email can be saved as a draft in the Quickmail history, in addition to receiving a copy of each message you send and a receipt showing which participants did or did not receive it.
Note: It is a good idea to remind students, both verbally and written in the syllabus, that they are responsible for the accuracy of their email address if they choose to forward their messages from their official campus address to another service, such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc.
- Click on the Compose new email link in the Quickmail block. Note that the Quickmail block is usually located on the right side of your iLearn class page under the course navigation block
- Select the recipients you wish to add from the Potential recipients list and click on the Add button. If you want to add all participants, click on the Add all button instead. If you want to send a message to someone not enrolled in your iLearn class, add their email in the Additional email field, separating each email address with a comma
- Add a subject in the Subject field
- Add your message in the Message field
- Click on the Send email button to send the message
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220