Forums provide a way to have a discussion within an iLearn class. Students can post to forums set up by the teacher of the course, and teachers can use the built-in News & announcements forum to post announcements to the class.
- On your course page, locate and select the forum you wish to post to.
- Select the Add a new discussion topic button to start a new discussion. Note: If the forum is a Q & A forum type, the button will say Add a new question instead.
- In the Subject field, enter a subject name for your post.
- In the Message field, enter your message for the post.
- Optional: If desired, add an attachment using the attachment field.
- Select the Post to forum button to complete your post.
Note: Students have 30 minutes from the time they make their initial post to edit or delete a forum post. After 30 minutes, only teachers can edit or delete posts.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220