Forums provide a way to have a discussion within an iLearn class. Students can post to forums set up by the teacher of the course, and teachers can use the built-in Announcements forum to post announcements to the class.
Posting to a forum
- On your course page, locate and select the forum you wish to post to.
- Select the Add a new discussion topic button to start a new discussion
- Note: If the forum is a Q & A forum type, the button will say Add a new question instead.
- Note: Only teachers are allowed to add a new question in a Q & A forum.
- In the Subject field, enter a subject name for your post.
- In the Message field, enter your message for the post.
- Select the Post to forum button to complete your post.
Note: Students have 30 minutes from the time they make their initial post to edit or delete a forum post. After 30 minutes, only teachers can edit or delete posts.
Adding an attachment to a forum post
While creating a post, select advanced to open the advanced post options.
Drag and drop your attachment into the attachment box.
Adding a video to a forum post
- When composing your forum post, select the iLearn Video button.
- Drag and drop your video into the box
- Give your video a title
- Select the Upload video button
- Once your video is uploaded, save your post.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80
Article is closed for comments.