Forums provide a way to have a discussion with your iLearn class. Students can post to forums set up by the instructor of the course, and instructors can use the built-in News and announcements forum to post announcements to the class.
- Access the forum you wish to post to by clicking on the forum link.
- Click on the Add a new discussion topic button to start a new discussion. Note that if the forum is a Q&A forum type, the button will say Add a new question instead.
- Enter a subject for your discussion topic in the Subject field
- Enter your forum message in the Message field
- Optional: If desired, add an attachment using the attachment field
- Click on the Post to forum button to post your discussion
Note: Students have 30 minutes from the time you make your initial post to edit or delete a forum post. After 30 minutes, only teachers can edit or delete posts.
Contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220