iLearn's gradebook has the ability to add manually graded items directly to the gradebook. These are useful in cases where you are grading items that are not submitted electronically through iLearn, such as papers handed in during class or exams that happen during class time.
- From the course page, in the left side drawer, select Grades.
- At the top of the gradebook, select the Setup tab.
- At the bottom, select the Add grade item button.
Note: In the following steps, there are advanced settings that may be used if desired. However for most users, we recommend only changing the Item name and Maximum grade fields. All other settings should be left at their default setting.
- In the Item name field, enter a name for the item. This name will appear in the gradebook for students to see.
- In the Maximum grade field, enter the maximum points available on this item.
- Select the Save changes button.
For advanced users, below is a table with descriptions of some of the advanced settings available when creating a grade item.
|Maximum grade||The maximum number of points possible for this grade item|
|Hidden||Whether the item is hidden from students or not|
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80