Teachers may enter grades in three different methods.
- Within the corresponding activity module
- In the Single view interface
- On the Grader report
Within corresponding activity module
If you created an activity on your course page (ex: iLearn assignment, Turnitin assignment, quiz, forum, etc.), it is highly recommended that you enter grades within the activity module. Grades entered in an activity module will automatically push to the gradebook. To enter grades in an activity module, locate the activity on your course page and select the activity.
Single view allows you to change a grade for a single item across all of your students or edit a single student across all of the items in your course.
- From the course page, in the left side drawer, select Grades.
- On the second row of tabs, select Single view.
- Select an item using the Select grade item dropdown menu or select a student using the Select user dropdown menu.
- Enter grades for either the grade items or student in the corresponding fields.
- Select the Save button at the top or bottom when finished.
Note: Single view also has a shortcut on the main Grader report. You can select the gray pencil icon next to an item column name's or a student's name to enter single view for that item or that student, respectively.
There are two ways to enter grades from the grader report. If you have a modern browser, simply select the cell for item you wish to grade, similar to an excel spreadsheet. Pressing Enter or Return on your keyboard will save that grade. Alternatively, select the Turn editing on button in the upper right corner of the Grader report. The boxes for each grade item will become editable fields you can type in. Once you have finished inputting your grades, select Update button at the top or bottom of the Grader report page.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80