Requires Teacher role
The iLearn Assignment module allows for students to submit a variety of different file types and/or a text submission.
To create an iLearn assignment
- From the course page, in the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙) and select Turn editing on.
- In the week/section you want to add the forum, select the +Add an activity button.
- In the menu list, under Activities, select Assignment and the Add button.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the assignment. This will be the name of the assignment on your course page and in the gradebook.
- In the Description field, enter a description for your assignment. This should include any instructions or information your students need to complete the assignment.
- In the Availability section, enter the dates and times you would like your assignment to open and close.
- In the Submission types section, choose what type of submission you want your students to make.
- File submissions (default) - Students are able to upload one or more files (ex: PDF, Word document, etc.)
- Online text - Students are able to type an open-ended response in a text entry box
- Link submission - Students are able to enter a website address in a text entry box
- Video submission - Students are able to upload a video file
Recommendation: If you are having your students submit a video file, it is recommended to not also have the File submissions type selected as it may confuse students.
- In the Grade section, in the Maximum grade field, enter the number of points the assignment will be worth.
- Select the Save and return to course button.
Recommendation: The above steps go over the basic settings of an assignment. For more information on additional and advanced assignment settings, we recommend visiting the iLearn Help Desk in LIB 220.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 220