Requires Teacher role
The iLearn Assignment module allows for students to submit a variety of different file types and/or a text submission.
To create an iLearn assignment
- From the course page, in the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙) and select Turn editing on.
- In the week/section you want to add the forum, select the +Add an activity button.
- In the menu list, under Activities, select Assignment and the Add button.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the assignment. This will be the name of the assignment on your course page and in the gradebook.
- In the Description field, enter a description for your assignment. This should include any instructions or information your students need to complete the assignment.
- In the Availability section, enter the dates and times you would like your assignment to open and close.
- In the Submission types section, choose what type of submission you want your students to make.
- File submissions (default) - Students are able to upload one or more files (ex: PDF, Word document, etc.)
- Online text - Students are able to type an open-ended response in a text entry box
- Link submission - Students are able to enter a website address in a text entry box
- Video submission - Students are able to upload an audio or video file
Recommendation: If you are having your students submit a video file, it is recommended to not also have the File submissions type selected as it may confuse students.
- In the Grade section, in the Maximum grade field, enter the number of points the assignment will be worth.
Note: If you want to grade using a rubric, select Rubric from the Grading method drop down menu. For more information on creating rubrics, please view the creating rubric support document.
Note: Setting the grade to Scale provides a way of giving quick feedback that will not otherwise affect a student's total score in the gradebook.
- (optional) If doing a group assignment, set Students submit in groups to Yes under Group submission settings
- Select the Save and return to course button.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80