Requires Teacher role
iLearn assignments accept a wide variety of file types and can be configured in one of three ways:
- File submission (the default)
- Video assignments
- Online text assignments
To create an iLearn assignment
- From the course page, in the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙) and select Turn editing on.
- In the week/section you want to add the forum, select the +Add an activity button.
- In the menu list, under Activities, select Assignment and the Add button.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the assignment. This will be the name of the assignment on your course page and in the gradebook.
- In the Description field, enter a description for your assignment. This should include any instructions or information your students need to complete the assignment.
- In the Availability section, enter the dates and times you would like your assignment to open and close.
- In the Submission types section, choose what type of submission you want your students to make.
Note: If you are having students submit in groups, go to Group submission settings and change Students submit in groups to Yes.
- In the Grade section, in the Maximum grade field, enter the number of points the assignment will be worth.
- Select the Save and return to course button.
Recommendation: The above steps go over the basic settings of an assignment. For more information on additional and advanced assignment settings, we recommend visiting the iLearn Help Desk in LIB 220.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220