iLearn quizzes allow faculty to override time settings such as open/close dates and time limits on a student by student basis for students who require extra time or need to make up a quiz.
- If a student asks for accommodations such as additional time to complete a quiz, he or she should first provide instructors with a memo from the Disability Programs and Resource Center (DPRC) stating what disability-related accommodations they are eligible to receive.
- Students without verification should be referred to DPRC: http://access.sfsu.edu/content/students
- If a student needs a DPRC proctor, reader, or writer to complete an iLearn quiz, review the DPRC Test Accommodation Procedures
- From the course page, locate and select the quiz.
- In the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙️) and select User overrides.
- Select the Add user override button.
- In the Override user field, use the drop-down menu to select a student.
Note: If you have a large class, you can search for the student by typing in their name in the Search box and pressing Enter (Return on a mac).
- Modify the options you wish to override for the student. Ex: extended time limit, different close date, etc.
- Select the Save button to save your changes, or the Save and enter another override if you need to enter an override for an additional student.
|Override user||The student that these overrides apply to. Select the student from the list or search for the student using the Search field|
|Require password||Require the student enter a password before starting the quiz|
|Open the quiz||A date selection box for when the quiz should open for this student. You may need to mark the Enable checkbox before changing these settings|
|Close the quiz||A date selection box for when the quiz should close for this student. You may need to mark the Enable checkbox before changing these settings|
|Time limit||How long the student has to take the quiz once they start it. You may need to mark the Enable checkbox before changing these settings|
|Attempts allowed||How many times the student is allowed to take the exam.
Note: If you are allowing the student to re-take an exam, make sure you set this to one higher than the number of attempts you gave everyone else for this quiz. For example, if you allow students to take 2 attempts on the exam, set this to 3
|Revert to quiz defaults||Changes all of the settings for this override back to the default for this quiz.|
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 220