This guide covers manually adding users who have SF State IDs to a class in iLearn. Students who are officially enrolled and faculty who are officially teaching a class do not need to be manually added.
Note: To add someone who does not have an SF State ID, such as an off campus guest or guest lecturer, send an email to email@example.com with the person's first and last name, their email address, the name of the class you wish to add them to and a brief description of who they are and why you are seeking for them to access your iLearn course.
- From the course page, in the left side drawer, select Participants.
- In the upper right corner, select the Enroll users button.
- In the popup box, set the Assign roles drop-down menu to the role you wish to assign to the new user.
Note: If you want to add someone with editing access to your course, such as a TA or co-teacher, select Teacher from the drop-down menu at the top of the gray popup box.
- In the popup box, in the Search field, enter the person's SF State ID, SF State email address or their first and last name. As you type, iLearn will display a list of potential users.
Note: Sometimes it is easier to search for people using only their last name if you do not know their SF State ID or email address, as often people will have a different official first name than the name they go by.
- When the desired user appears in the list, select their name.
- If you need to add more than one person, repeat from step 4. Otherwise, select the Enroll users button.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80