This guide covers manually adding users who have SF State IDs to a class in iLearn. Students who are officially enrolled and faculty who are officially teaching a class do not need to be manually added.
Note: To add someone who does not have an SF State ID, such as an off campus guest or guest lecturer, send an email to email@example.com with the person's first and last name, their email address, and the name of the class you wish to add them to.
- Click on Users in the Course Administration block, then select Enrolled users
- Click on the Enroll users button on the top right of the list of students
- In the gray popup, search for the person you wish to add using either their first and last name, SF State email address, or SF State ID
Tip: Sometimes it is easier to search for people using only their last name if you do not know their SF State email address, as often people will have a different official first name than the name they go by. If you want to add someone with editing access to your class, such as a TA or co-teacher, select Teacher from the drop down menu at the top of the gray popup box.
- Click on the Enroll button next to the person's name.
- If you need to add more than one person, repeat from step 3. Otherwise, click on the Finish enrolling users button
Contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220