The Canon 5Dmk.III is a digital single-lens reflex camera (DSLR) capable of shooting high resolution images with a 23.3 megapixel full-frame sensor and 1080p video. The kit comes with the camera body, a battery and charger, a 512GB memory card, and a 24mm-70mm autofocus zoom lens. Other lenses may be available by request.
Note: While this camera shoots very high quality video, due to limitations of the DSLR format, video is restricted to clips no longer than 29 minutes, 59 seconds or 4GB, whichever is reached first. If your intention is to record longer length video, such as a guest speaker or student presentations, it's highly recommended to check out one of our camcorders instead.
Installing the battery
- Open the battery door located on the bottom of the camera
- Insert the battery. The arrow on the battery indicates the direction it should be inserted
Installing the memory card
- Open the door on the right side of the camera by sliding it towards the back and then flipping it open
- Insert the SD card into the SD card slot. The label on the SD card should face the back of the camera
- Close the door and slide it forward to lock
Installing a lens
- On the front of the camera, push the button directly below the EOS logo to the right of the lens mount
- While holding the button down, rotate the body lens cover counter clockwise until it comes free from the body
- Align the red dot on the lens with the red dot on the body
- Rotate the lens clockwise until it clicks into place