Before you can use i>Clicker with iLearn, you need to add the i>Clicker block to your course.
- Download the most recent i>Clicker software
Note: The i>Clicker software is updated once every academic year. Make sure you have the appropriate software for the current academic year or you will not be able to synchronize your roster and grades with iLearn.
When you download the software, unzip the folder. Make sure you keep both the i>Clicker and i>Grader software within the folder that is unzipped, or the software will not function correctly.
- Open i>Clicker on your computer
Note: On a Mac, you may encounter a warning that states "'i>clicker.app' can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed." If you see this dialog box, click Ok then open System Preferences and navigate to Security & Privacy. In the General tab, you will see a message that says "'i>clicker.app' was blocked from opening because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed." Click on the Open Anyway button. You will only have to do this once for the i>Clicker software.
- Click on the Create button
- Fill in the name of your course in the Course Name field and click on the Create button
- Click on the Settings button
- Fill in the ID on the back of your blue instructor remote in the Instructor's Remote ID field
- Choose a frequency code to use for your class.
Note: General recommendation is to use anything other than the default AA frequency to avoid potential interference from other classes using i>Clicker near your classroom
- Navigate to the Gradebook tab and click the Select course button
- Log in using your 9 digit SF State ID as your username, and the security key obtained from the block in iLearn
- Select the course you wish to synchronize with and click the Select button
- Click on the Save button to save your course settings
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80