Turnitin is a special assignment type in iLearn that checks student submissions for plagiarism, provides automated grammar checking, and allows instructors to provide feedback directly onto student submissions.
- On your course page, locate and select the Turnitin assignment you wish to submit to.
- In the bottom right corner, select the Submit paper link.
- In the Submission Title field, enter a title for your submission. Your title should only include letters, numbers and/or spaces.
Note: Including symbols in your title such as quotation marks or slashes may cause Turnitin to reject your submission.
- Drag and drop your submission file into the File to submit field.
Note: Turnitin accepts Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), PDFs, text files (.rtf, .txt) and HTML files. Turnitin does NOT accept Apple Pages files.
Note: If you are unable to drag and drop a file into that specific area, you can select the Choose a file/browse button to use the file picker to upload your file instead.
- Mark the checkbox agreeing to the SFSU Standards of Student Conduct code.
- Select the Add Submission button.
After submitting an assignment to Turnitin, a digital receipt will display on the page indicating that your submission was successfully received. This receipt will also be sent to your SF State email. If you do not see either the receipt on screen OR the email that Turnitin sends out, the assignment did not accept your submission.
Note: Pay careful attention to any error messages you receive during the process. The error messages are very explicit as to what went wrong, and are helpful to send to email@example.com if you require assistance figuring out what happened.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80