Requires Teacher role
Zoom is a full-featured web and video conferencing tool that allows for synchronous video conferencing, screen sharing and annotation, and text chat between participants.
Note: You will need to log in to Zoom at least once before you create a Zoom meeting within your iLearn course. To log in to Zoom, navigate to https://sfsu.zoom.us and log in using your 9 digit SF State ID and password; same as you use to log in to iLearn.
Add a Zoom meeting to your iLearn course
- From the course page, in the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙) and select Turn editing on.
- In the week/section you want to add the forum, select the +Add an activity button.
- In the menu list, under Activities, select Zoom meeting and the Add button.
- In the Topic field, enter a name for the meeting.This will become the name of the link on the course page.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description for the meeting.
- In the When field, select the date of your meeting.
- In the Duration field, enter how long your meeting will be.
- If the meeting will happen more than once, mark the Recurring meeting checkbox.
Note: A recurring meeting is useful if you want to set up one meeting link and reuse it throughout the whole semester.
- In the Meeting option field, mark the Enable join before host checkbox if you want to allow your students to join the meeting before you.
- Select the Save and return to course button.
Zoom meeting settings
|Topic||The name and topic of the meeting. This will become the link that students click on to access the meeting.|
|Description||A brief description about the meeting.|
|Display description on the course page||Displays the text entered in the description field above on the main course page|
|When||The date and time the meeting will occur|
|Duration||How long the meeting is|
|Recurring meeting||A meeting that occurs more than once|
|Password||A password that participants must type in order to join a meeting. By default, no password is set|
|Host video||Whether or not the host of the meeting will have their video turned on by default|
|Participants video||Whether or not the participants joining the meeting will have their video on by default|
|Meeting option - Enable join before host||Allow participants to join the meeting before the host does|
|Grade category||Determines which category in the gradebook for the class this assignment belongs to.|
|Visbile||Whether this activity or resource is visible to students.|
|Group mode||Whether this activity is in group mode. This setting applies primarily to forums and wikis|
|Grouping||Which grouping to use when Group mode is enabled|