Most of your main content in Drupal will be constructed of “Basic pages”. Basic pages comprise of a Title and a main body for content that can be formatted through HTML in the editor itself.
While there may be other content types to create that are specific to your website, this tutorial will walk you through how to create a basic page.
- From the top menu, click on Content -> Add Content -> Basic Page.
- Enter your title in the Title text box.
- In the Body text box, type in your content. You can format your text in the editor using any of the buttons and drop-down lists provided in the tool bar.
- In most cases, the page will automatically publish, or go live, once you press save.
However, please double check that the Publish Options say “Published” if you want your page to be displayed publicly.
Note: If you would like to keep this page hidden from your visitors, you can keep the page unpublished and only authorized users will be able to view this page.
- Press Save at the bottom of the page. Congratulations, you created your first Drupal basic page!