Your Drupal site can also host files and images on the server’s File Browser. This File Browser is the directory that contains all of your site’s images, documents, videos and more.
Uploading an image:
- Click on the Image icon (a square with a picture of a house)
- Add your Alternative Text in the text field provided. When you are done, press “Browse Server”.
Note: As a requirement for Accessibility you must add Alternative Text to the image. Alternative Text is the caption that displays when a user hovers over the image or a screen reader scans your site. Just like links, please make sure that the text is descriptive enough for your user.
- A new screen pops up which is your File Browser. Click on “Upload” to add a new image from your workstation or search your directory for an existing image that was previously uploaded.
- When you are done, click “Insert File”.
- You can edit your image width/height or set the alignment. When you are done, press “OK” and save your page.