Requires Teacher role
iLearn groups provide a way to divide activities like forums and wikis into smaller groups of participants.
- From your course page, in the left side drawer, select Participants.
- In the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙️) and select Groups.
To manually create groups
- On the Groups page, select the Create group button.
- Fill in a name for your group in the Group name field.
- Select the Save changes button.
To manually add members to a group
- On the Groups page, select the group name and then the Add/remove users button.
- In the Potential members list, select a user's name.
- Select the Add button. The user will move from the Potential members list to the Group members list.
To automatically create groups and add members
- On the Groups page, select the Auto-create groups button.
- Fill in a naming scheme in the corresponding field.
iLearn will replace the @ symbol with letters, and the # symbol with numbers. For example, if you want your groups to be named "Group 1, Group 2, etc", you would type "Group #" in the Naming scheme field.
- Select whether you want a specific number of groups or groups with a specific number of participants from the Auto create groups drop-down menu.
- Fill in the number of groups or group members you want in the Group member/count field.
- Select the Submit button.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 220