iLearn provides the ability for faculty to integrate third party plugins directly into their class pages using External Tool (also known as LTI). Third party providers such as textbook publishers can provide activities, access to off-campus materials, quizzes and if using LTI 2.0, grades directly into iLearn.
To add a link to an external tool in iLearn:
- Click the Turn editing on button in the upper right corner of your course
- In the section you want to add your external tool link, click the + Add an activity or resource link
- Select External tool and click Add
- Fill in the Activity name. This will become the text of the link your students click on to gain access to the activity
The following steps will use information provided to you by the third party provider. Be sure to ask for the Launch URL, Consumer key, and Shared secret when working with a third party.
- Fill in the Launch URL provided by the external tool provider
Note: You may need to click the Show more... link to see the following options.
- Fill in the Consumer key provided by the external tool provider
- Fill in the Shared secret provided by the external tool provider
- Click Save and return to course to save your link and return to your course page
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 220