iLearn provides the ability for teachers to integrate third party plugins directly into their class pages using the External Tool (also known as LTI) module. Third party providers such as textbook publishers can provide activities, access to off-campus materials, quizzes and if using LTI 2.0, grades directly into iLearn.
Add a link to an External tool
- From the course page, in the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙) and select Turn editing on.
- In the week/section you want to add the file, select the +Add an activity button.
- In the menu list, under Activities, select External tool and the Add button.
- In the Activity name field, enter a name for the tool. This will become the text for the link your students will select to access the tool.
The following steps will use information provided to you by the third party provider. Be sure to ask for the Tool URL, Consumer key, and Shared secret when working with a third party.
- Fill in the Tool URL provided by the external tool provider.
Note: You may need to select the Show more... link to see the following options.
- Fill in the Consumer key provided by the external tool provider.
- Fill in the Shared secret provided by the external tool provider.
- Select the Save and return to course button.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220