iLearn backups are useful for archiving past course materials to reuse in future iLearn courses. Within iLearn, courses are kept for two full academic years, but instructors wanting to keep contents beyond that will need to make a backup and keep the resulting backup file on their own storage device.
Note: Backup files are designed for archival purposes and to be restored into iLearn in the future. The backup file that is created cannot be opened outside of iLearn. Backup files contain all materials and structure created by the instructor of the course but do not include any student work or grades.
- From the course page, in the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙) and select Backup.
- Review the Backup settings and select the Next button to proceed.
Note: If you want to make a backup of everything in your class, select the Jump to final step button. It will immediately create the backup and allow you to download it.
- Select which resources and activities you wish to include in your backup, and select the Next button.
Note: By default, all items are selected. If you want to keep all items, simply scroll to the bottom and select the Next button.
- Double check the list of items to be included in the backup. Items with a green checkmark will be included and items with a red X will not be included. If an item is missing, select the Previous button to return to the previous step. Once you are ready, select the Perform backup button.
Note: The column labelled User data will always have red Xs next to them as student data is not included in backups.
Note: Depending on how much content is in your course, the backup may take a while to complete. Once you have clicked on the Perform backup button, wait for the process to complete. Do not click the Perform backup button more than once.
- When completed, a backup successfully completed message will be displayed. Select the Continue button.
- To save a copy of the backup file, select the Download link.
Note: When downloading the file, make sure to select to save the file to your computer rather than open as the backup files can only be used within iLearn and cannot be opened on your computer.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 220