Within iLearn, courses are kept for two full academic years after the completion of the course but instructors wanting to keep contents beyond that will need to make a backup and keep the resulting backup file on their own storage device. See here for how to create a backup of your course.
If you are trying to copy materials from a course that is still appearing in iLearn (i.e. it is younger than two years old), see here for how to import content from one course to another.
If you have a backup file of a course and would like to restore the course content into one of your current courses,
- In the My Courses block, select the course you want to restore content into.
- In the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙️) and select Restore.
- In the Files field, drag and drop the backup file or select the Choose a file button to locate the file on your computer.
- Select the Restore button.
- A list of the contents found in the backup file will be displayed. Scroll to the bottom and select the Continue button.
- In the Restore into this course, you may select to merge the contents with content already in the course or delete the content currently in the course and replace with content from the backup file. Select which option you prefer and select the Continue button.
- On the following pages you will be able to filter what items you would like to restore from the backup file. If you would like to restore all content, leave the default settings. Select the Next, Continue or Perform restore button at the bottom.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220