After at least one student has completed the quiz, teachers may then review scores and/or manually grade questions. By default, iLearn will auto-grade question types that have specific answers that were entered during the creation of the question (ex: multiple choice, true/false, short answer, matching, etc). Question types (ex: Essay) with open-ended responses must be manually graded by the teacher.
From the course page, select the name of the quiz. In the middle of the page, select the Attempts: XX link. 'XX' represents the number of attempts that have been completed up to that point. A list of all attempts, which student took that attempt, when they took it and their current score will be displayed. Quizzes that have question types that require a teacher manually grade them will not have an overall score until all manually graded questions have been completed.
Manually grade questions
If the quiz contains question types with open-ended responses, the teacher will need to manually grade those before students can see their overall quiz score. To review questions that need to be graded,
- From the course page, locate and select the quiz.
- In the upper right corner, select the Edit icon (⚙️) and select Manual grading.
- Each question that requires grading will be displayed. To the right of a question, in the To grade column, select the Grade link.
- Each students' response to the selected question will be displayed. After reviewing a student's answer, a teacher may enter enter a comment in the Comment field and the points earned in the Points field.
- Repeat the previous step for all students' answers and at the bottom fo the page select the Save button.
Delete a specific attempt
Teachers may delete quiz attempts on a per student basis if needed.
- From the quiz results page, locate the student's name.
- To the left of their name, select the checkbox.
- At the bottom of the attempts, select the Delete selected attempts button.
Note: Once an attempt is deleted, that action is permanent. The attempt cannot be recovered. If the teacher would like to give a student another attempt on a quiz but don't want to delete their previous attempt, the teacher will need to create a User Override and provide them a second quiz attempt.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 220