Note: Teachers must schedule The Learning Glass Studio space to record in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please suggest three available dates and times to complete a one-hour session in your email.
The San Francisco State Learning Glass Studio is equipped to record directly to CourseStream via Mediasite. Learning Glass videos can then be directly loaded to iLearn without the need to download/upload files with other hardware or software.
- To record to CourseStream software, one must first create a blank presentation in Mediasite before coming to the Faculty Studio to record with The Learning Glass.
- Go to one of your courses in iLearn.
- Make sure the iLearn drawer is open by expanding the left menu with this button in the top left part of your screen:
- Scroll to the bottom of the list on the left side of your screen and select My Mediasite.
- Mediasite will open within iLearn.
- Select Add Media.
- Select Create Blank Presentation.
- In the New Presentation Details box, name your presentation something meaningful that you will recall during your recording session or write it down to bring with you.
Note: Your students will see this title when viewing the video in Mediasite.
- Add a description (optional).
- The “destination” should be My Drafts.
- Select Create Presentation.
- You may now close Mediasite.
Note: You cannot combine a slide presentation in conjunction with the Mediasite and the SF State Learning Glass Studio.
Please come to the Faculty Studio in Library 240 to complete the recording. Teachers will meet with an Teaching and Learning team member who will coordinate the camera, lighting, and sound. Teachers will also be instructed on how to connect the video they are recording to the blank presentation they created in Mediasite.
For additional assistance, contact the Teaching and Learning with Technology team: (415) 405-5550, email@example.com, LIB 240