Navigator allows you to schedule academic advising appointments with staff members who are using the Navigator Staff platform. Also, you can view your current term courses, and summary reports of previous academic advising appointments.
Click the SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT button to start the process of making an academic advising
After selecting SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT, you will have to make the following choices:
1. Select a CARE UNIT (Advising or Tutoring)
2. Select a SERVICE (Why You Need Advising)
3. Select a LOCATION (Where You Want Advising)
• Select a SERVICE (Appointment Reason)
Types of Services Available:
• Academic Disqualification • Academic Probation/Subject to Disqualification • Academic Records • Academic Success Strategies • Advising Drop-In • California Promise • Campus Involvement • Career Exploration • Consultation/Signature on Forms/Petitions • Degree Progress and Course Planning• Explore or Declare Major/Minor/Certificate • Follow-up Advising Appointment • Graduate School Exploration • Graduation Check (Juniors/Seniors) • Graduation Denial • Impacted Program Denials • Metro Education Plan • Personal Concerns • Resources and Referrals • Study Abroad • Transfer Issues
• Select a LOCATION for your appointment
After indicating why and where you need academic advising, you will be presented with the availabilities for the indicated advisor, if selected, and advising location. You will be able to select a date and time from the list of availabilities by selecting the blue box in the "Morning" or "Afternoon". From this screen, you will also have the option to view (A)drop-in times.
Viewing Drop-in Times
After clicking VIEW DROP-IN TIMES, a new screen will open and it will display the various drop-in time slots for the selected advising center.
After selecting the date and time for your academic advising appointment, you will be asked to
review the appointment details. On the review screen, you will be able to provide comments
about the nature of your appointment. Your advisor will receive the comments once the appointment
Lastly, click CONFIRM APPOINTMENT if the details of your appointment are correct.