There are two different approaches to creating a new syllabus from scratch:
- Choose course first
- Choose course later
Choose course first
- Log into the Syllabus application at https://syllabus.sfsu.edu/login and go to the Courses page by selecting Courses from the left sidebar
- Find the row for your course (make sure to pay attention to which semester is labeled)
- Select + Create New in the row for your course
- You are now in the Syllabus editor and will have a Course Information section already included in your syllabus
- Begin adding content to your syllabus! Review the Adding Content to a Syllabus help doc for tips.
Choose course later
If you would like to wait to choose a course to associate with your syllabus:
- Log into the Syllabus application at https://syllabus.sfsu.edu/login and select Create New Syllabus from the left sidebar
- If shown page with header Choose Your Starting Point, select University Base Template followed by Start from Base Template
- You are now in the Syllabus editor and can begin adding content to your syllabus. Review the Adding Content to a Syllabus help doc for tips.
To associate with a course when ready:
- Go to the syllabus that you wish to associate with a course
- Select Course Information at the top to add this section to a syllabus
- Once this section has been added to the editor, choose your course from the drop-down
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 80
Article is closed for comments.