To use the Syllabus editor, you should first create a syllabus. You can do this one of two ways:
Topics in this guide
The syllabus metadata section is where you can edit the name and description of your syllabus, allowing you to organize your syllabi. Note that the title and description are not actually displayed anywhere inside the syllabus itself; these fields are for your own reference. This section can be found directly under the Add Section control bar.
- Select the section header labeled Syllabus Metadata to expand and edit.
Changing the order of sections
The syllabus is made up of sections such as Course Information, Policies, and Instructor Information. You are able to change the order of all your sections in your syllabus, except for Metadata and any inherited content such as SF State Policies.
- Select the section header by using the drag-drop icon or selecting anywhere on the gray bar, and hold to drag and move the section up or down and drop it where you’d like.
Drag-drop icon in section header:
Hide/Show Sections link:
The most convenient way to change the order of sections is to first select Hide/Show Sections, which is always at the top-right of the quick links sidebar (shown in the top right of previous image). This link will toggle between collapsed sections and expanded ones.
- Collapse the sections and drag-drop them as needed.
- Be sure to select Save or Save Section after changing the order of sections
- Save: Saves all progress including any section being edited and changes in section order
- Share toggle: Only appears when a syllabus is associated with a course or in other words, the syllabus has a Course Information section with a course selected.
- Not Shared: Students are not able to view the syllabus
- Shared: Students are able to view the syllabus
- Dropdown icon: Copy syllabus view URL and go to advanced sharing settings
- View: This is the web/mobile-friendly view of your syllabus and how students see it
- Export: Export as an accessible Word document
- Print: Printer-friendly styles on print page
- Clone: When you clone a syllabus, you will be immediately taken to the editor of the newly cloned syllabus
- Delete: Brings you to a confirmation page before you are able to delete syllabus
- Cancel: Reloads the syllabus editor without saving any changes
For additional assistance, contact iLearn Support: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 80