This document applies to students that are enrolled in a course for which the instructor has requested Azure Lab Services access.
Connecting to a virtual machine requires Microsoft Remote Desktop which is freely available for download via the link below:
Microsoft Remote Desktop is available for the following platforms:
- You will receive an invitation to your Virtual Machine (VM) in your @mail.sfsu.edu email account.
- Click the Register for the Lab button.
Registration and Logging-in to the Azure Lab Services Portal
- After clicking on the link you received in your email, you will be assigned a virtual machine and be taken through the Azure Lab Services login process. If this is your first time logging in to Azure Lab Services, you will see a Microsoft login prompt. Enter you SFSU email address.
- Select your Work or School account.
- Sign in to the SF State Global Login with your SFSU email address and SFSU password.
Start your Virtual Machine
- If you are accessing your virtual machine outside of regularly scheduled class time, you may need to start the virtual machine.
- Toggle the start/stop slider to start your virtual machine.
Note: Starting the virtual machine may take 2-3 minutes.
Accessing your Virtual Machine (VM)
- Once you have started your virtual machine, click the Connect to virtual machine icon to download the .rdp file.
- Check your downloads folder for the .rdp file.
- Double click the .rdp file to start Remote Desktop Connection
- You will receive an "Unknown Publisher" warning. Tick the "Don't ask again..." checkbox, and click "Connect"
- When prompted, enter the login password you were provided by your instructor or in the registration email.
- Click OK.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80