An iLearn page can be divided down into what iLearn calls sections. Instructors can organize their course however they wish, but a common way is to organize by week. Sections in iLearn can by highlighted to show students what the current section is either manually or automatically.
A highlighted section appears with a purple bar on the left to indicate that it is highlighted.
Highlighting a section manually
- On your course page, Turn editing on
- Navigate to the section you want to highlight
- From the section's Edit menu, select Highlight section
Highlighting a section automatically
Sections can be highlighted automatically based on date. Doing so, however, requires some additional configuration in an iLearn course.
- On your course page, from the Gear wheel menu select Edit settings
- Under Course format, select how often to show a date in sections from the Show dates in sections drop down menu
Note: When selecting a frequency over Weekly you will want to make sure you have enough sections in your course to span the rest of the semester. Mondays, Wednesdays, for example, requires that you have at least 34 sections (two sections per week in a semester).
- Save and return to course
With these settings, the current week will be automatically highlighted.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80