Instructors can use the Feedback activity in iLearn to gather feedback from students through the use of a survey. Answers can have names associated with them or be completely anonymous.
Like quizzes, a feedback activity is divided into two parts: the feedback activity and the feedback questions.
Creating a feedback activity
- Turn editing on
- From the Add an activity or resource menu in the section where you want to add the feedback activity, select Feedback and then Add
- Give your feedback activity a name in the Name field and optionally a Description.
- Under Availability, select when you want to allow answers from and to. This is the time period your students will have to answer the questions in the feedback survey. Remember that to set a date and time you must mark the Enable checkbox next to the date you want to set
- Select whether you want the results to be anonymous or associated with names in the Record user names drop down menu.
- Choose whether or not students can see responses in the Show analysis page setting. Selecting No will not show students the responses. Selecting Yes will show students the responses after they've entered their own response.
- Select Save and display to move on to the question creation process.
Adding questions to a feedback activity
Once you have created your feedback activity and saved, you'll be presented with a screen that allows you to see the details and add questions.
- Select the Edit questions tab at the top
- Choose what type of question you wish to add from the Add question drop down menu.
Note: Add a page break, Captcha, Information and Label are not questions that students answer, but rather ways of providing information or breaking up content and layout of your survey.
- Each question type has its own set of settings. However, all questions share a Required checkbox that you may mark to make that specific question required, and a field to type in your question text to show to students.
- Finish configuring your question and select Save question.
- Repeat for as many questions as you want to add to your survey
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 80