iLearn's library favorites integration allows faculty to add items that have been favorited on the J Paul Leonard Library's website directly into an iLearn course as resources. The process has two parts to it: finding items on the library's website and favoriting them and adding them to iLearn.
Table of contents
- Searching for items
- Organizing favorites
- Adding a favorite as a resource
- Adding a favorite as a link in a text box
On the library's website
Searching for items
- Navigate to https://library.sfsu.edu
- Make sure you are signed in
- Search for resources in the search box
- Mark an item as a favorite by clicking on the pushpin icon next to the search result. You can also click on the pushpin icon on the item description page.
Organize your favorites
- In the upper right corner of the library search page, click on the pushpin icon
- Add labels to your favorites to organize them into groups. Labels show up as folders in iLearn.
Add favorites to iLearn
As a resource
- With editing turned on, select Add an activity or resource on the course page
- Select URL and then Add
- Select Choose a link
- In the File picker, select Library favorites
- Individual favorited items appear as items in the file picker. If you have added labels to items, they appear as folders. Select the item you want to add
- Give your link a Name. This will become the text of the link your students click on the course page
- Select Save and return to course at the bottom of the page
Adding a link in a text box
- In any text box in iLearn, type in the words you want linked and highlight them
- Select the Link tool
- Select Browse repositories
- Select Library favorites in the file picker
- Select the item you want to add
- Your item will be linked
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80
Article is closed for comments.