iLearn's gradebook allows for dropping the lowest or keeping the highest grade within a category. However, enabling these settings requires certain conditions to be met.
In order for drop the lowest or keep the highest to be enabled, a category needs to meet the following conditions:
- All items in the category need to be worth the same number of points
- No items in the category can have a weight set
- No items in the category can be marked as extra credit
- No items in the category can be hidden
If any of these conditions are not met, you will be unable to set drop the lowest or keep the highest.
Enabling drop the lowest/keep the highest
- Navigate to the gradebook by clicking on Grades in the drawer on the left
- Select the Setup tab
- Locate the category you want to enable drop the lowest/keep the highest and select Edit > Edit settings
- Set a value in either Drop the lowest or Keep the highest. Note that you can only set one or the other.
- Save changes
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 80