Important notice: As part of SF State’s transition to Canvas, the campus is also moving to Canvas Studio as a replacement for iLearn Video. Existing iLearn Video content will still be available for Fall 2023 - Summer 2024 semester. You can go to the "iLearn Video" link in your Canvas account menu to download the media you want to save.
Table of contents
- Adding iLearn video content from a K16 migrated course
- Adding iLearn video content by searching
- Uploading a new video to iLearn video
- Adding an iLearn video to a Page
- Adding an iLearn video to a Module
Important note: iLearn video in Canvas requires that you add a page activity first or add the video to a textbox in something like a discussion forum. Please create a page activity first before proceeding with any of the steps here.
Adding iLearn video content from a K16 migrated course
In courses that were migrated by the K16 migration vendor will have iLearn video content converted into Pages with the title of the original content, a description if one was present in the original course, and a URL of where the video is hosted beginning with https://presidio.at.sfsu.edu or https://atvideo.at.sfsu.edu. This is the URL you will want to copy in the following steps.
- Log in to Canvas.
- From the purple global navigation menu, select Courses (book icon).
- Select All Courses.
- Select the K16 course that you would like to re-link iLearn videos. The course will have K16 in the name and the semester it came from in iLearn.
- From the list of Modules, find the title of your iLearn video (aka the Page Title). Select the Page Title.
- The Page for the video will look something like the example below. In the upper right corner, select Edit.
- Copy the Link listed on the Page. In the example above, the link starts with https://presidio.at.sfsu.edu
- Select the iLearn video button in the text editor toolbar.
- Select the Paste URL button.
- Paste the URL you copied in step 7, then select Find Media.
- Select the video in the resulting list.
- This will insert a link in your textbox that students can click on to view the video.
- At the bottom right corner of the Page, select Save & Publish.
Adding iLearn video content by searching
Any video you previously used in iLearn will show up in the Canvas iLearn Video tool. To add a video, you will likely need to create a Page in Canvas first.
- Navigate to your course in Canvas.
- From the left side course navigation menu, select Pages.
- Find the particular page you would like to add an iLearn Video to, then select the Page Title.
- In the upper right corner, select Edit.
- Within the rich text editor of the Page, select the purple iLearn video button.
- The resulting list will have every video you've ever uploaded using iLearn video with a title, duration, and upload date. To quickly find a specific video, Search for the title of the video.
- Once you find the specific video, select the blue Select button directly to the right of the video title.
Note: If you do not know the title of your video, it is best to check back in the original course in iLearn.
- This will insert a link to your video in the big textbox below the Page Title, which students can click on to view the video.
- Select Save.
Uploading a new video to iLearn video
As of Spring 2023, it is no longer possible to upload new videos to iLearn video.