Table of contents
- Adding iLearn video content from a K16 migrated course
- Adding iLearn video content by searching
- Uploading a new video to iLearn video
Important note: iLearn video in Canvas requires that you add a page activity first or add the video to a textbox in something like a discussion forum. Unlike iLearn, you cannot directly link to iLearn video in a module. Please create a page activity first before proceeding with any of the steps here.
Adding iLearn video content from a K16 migrated course
In courses that were migrated by the K16 migration vendor will have iLearn video content converted into pages with the title of the original content, a description if one was present in the original course, and a URL of where the video is hosted beginning with https://presidio.at.sfsu.edu or https://atvideo.at.sfsu.edu. This is the URL you will want to copy in the following steps.
- Navigate to the page you want to reassociate the video for. It will look something like this example below
- Copy the link beginning with https://presidio.at.sfsu.edu
- Select the iLearn video button in the text editor toolbar
- Select the Paste URL button
- Paste the URL you copied in step 2 and select Find Media
- Select the video in the resulting list
- This will insert a link in your textbox that students can click on to view the video
Adding iLearn video content by searching
Any video you previously used in iLearn video will show up in your list.
- Select the iLearn video button in the toolbar
- The resulting list will have every video you've ever uploaded using iLearn video with a title, duration, and upload date. Hit the Select button to select a specific video.
Note: If you know the title of the video, you can search using the search box above the list
- This will insert a link your students can click on to view a video
Uploading a new video to iLearn video
- Select the iLearn video button in the toolbar of any text editor
- Select Upload Media
- Drag and drop your video file into the dotted box. Alternatively, select the Add files button to browse for your video on your computer.
- Give your video a title, then select Start upload
- Select your newly uploaded video from the list
- This will add a link to your textbox that students can click on to view the video