Requires Teacher role
Canvas quizzes allow teachers to override time settings such as open/close dates and time limits on a student by student basis (ex: students who require extra time or need to make up a quiz). Canvas calls this functionality Quiz Moderation, and more information can be found on this Canvas support document.
The quiz moderation settings allow you to unlock attempts, give students extra attempts, modify the start date and time or give additional time.
Note: If a student asks for accommodations such as additional time to complete a quiz, they should first provide instructors with a memo from the Disability Programs and Resource Center (DPRC) stating what disability-related accommodations they are eligible to receive. Students without verification should be referred to DPRC: http://access.sfsu.edu/
To create a quiz user override
- In your course, select Quizzes from the navigation menu on the left
- Select the specific quiz you want to modify
- On the right, select Moderate This Quiz
- Search for the student you wish to create the override for using the search field at the top
- In the list, select the pencil icon for the student you wish to modify
- Make the changes required, then select Save
Article is closed for comments.