Requires Teacher Role
Setting up iClicker is a two part process. Instructors first need to download and connect the iClicker software to their Canvas account. Next, instructors must add the iClicker registration link to their course so students can register their clickers.
Setting up the iClicker software
- Download the iClicker software from the vendor's website. You will want to download iClicker Classic.
- Open i>Clicker on your computer once to have it create the folders you need.
- Download this xml file and place it in the Resources folder in the iClicker folder
- Quit the iClicker software and start it again
- Click on the Create button
- Fill in the name of your course in the Course Name field and click on the Create button
- Click on the Settings button
- Fill in the ID on the back of your blue instructor remote in the Instructor's Remote ID field
- Choose a frequency code to use for your class.
Note: General recommendation is to use anything other than the default AA frequency to avoid potential interference from other classes using i>Clicker near your classroom
- Navigate to the Gradebook tab and click the Select course button
- A small window will appear that allows you to log in to Canvas
- Select the course you wish to synchronize with and click the Select button
- Click on the Save button to save your course settings
Setting up the link in your Canvas course
- Log in to Canvas and navigate to your course
- Select Settings in the left-hand navigation
- Select Navigation at the top
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and locate iClicker Registration
- From the three dots menu, select +Enable
- Select Save
Article is closed for comments.