There are two main requirements for making your syllabus available to students:
- The syllabus must have a Course Information section with the correct course selected.
- Share Status must be changed to “All enrolled in course.”
Topics in this guide
The Course Information section
- The Course Information section allows users to link a syllabus to a course and course section. To learn how to link your syllabus, view the Linking a syllabus to a course section help doc.
- Once a syllabus has a Course Information section and is linked to a course and course section, proceed to change the Share Status.
- From the Overview, Courses, Edit, or View pages, select the Share Toggle to change your syllabus’ Share Status.
Note: The Share Status option of “Only course instructors (private)” is set as the default, meaning only you and other instructors of this course section can view the syllabus.
- Once the Share Status is set to “Shared,” you will see the toggler change green and the button with the arrow icon becomes available to select.
- Select the button with the arrow icon to quickly copy the View URL for that syllabus. This URL can be added to your iLearn course as a URL Resource. Enrolled students are the only ones who are able to view the syllabus with this URL.
What a student sees when they sign into Syllabus
When a student signs into the Syllabus application, they see all of their courses arranged by semester. If a syllabus has been created for a course of theirs, as well as shared with “All enrolled in course,” then they will be able to access the syllabus. They are also able to view, download as a Word document, and print.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80