There are two main requirements for making your syllabus available to students:
- The syllabus must have a Course Information section with the correct course selected.
- Share Status must be changed to “All enrolled in course.”
Topics in this guide
- The course information section
- Share status
- Linking your syllabus to iLearn
- What a student sees when they sign into Syllabus
The Course Information section
- The Course Information section allows users to link a syllabus to a course and course section. To learn how to link your syllabus, view the Linking a syllabus to a course section help doc.
- Once a syllabus has a Course Information section and is linked to a course and course section, proceed to change the Share Status.
- In the Share Syllabus page, information about your syllabus, including the current Share Status, is presented.
Note: The Share Status option of “Only course instructors (private)” is set as the default, meaning only you and other instructors of this course section can view the syllabus.
- Once you are in the Share Syllabus page, select the “All enrolled in course" option. You will see the status update and the icon change green.
- The syllabus is now available to students.
Linking your syllabus to iLearn
Once your syllabus is shared with all enrolled in your course, you will see a new setting in your course settings within iLearn.
- Navigate to your iLearn course
- Click on the gear wheel(⚙️) in the upper right corner of your course page and select Edit settings
- At the very bottom of the page, a new section titled Online Syllabus appears. Select Yes in Show Link to Online Syllabus
- The link to the syllabus will appear in the drawer on the left
What a student sees when they sign into Syllabus
When a student signs into the Syllabus application, they see all of their courses arranged by semester. If a syllabus has been created for a course of theirs, as well as shared with “All enrolled in course,” then they will be able to access the syllabus. They are also able to view, download as a Word document, and print.
For additional assistance, contact the iLearn Help Desk: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220