- Open up Finder and select Applications. Double click on the Utilities folder and select Terminal.
- Type in the ssh command followed by your 9 digit SF State ID number and the hostname.
- For example: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Replace the 9 digit ID with your SFSU ID number and the hostname with the hostname of the VM you are trying to connect to. Once you’re done hit enter.
- When prompted type in your SF State password.
Note: If you are not on campus you will need to connect to the SF State VPN before you can access the machine. If this is not already installed on your machine you can install it by going to: https://gp.sfsu.edu. Students will need to go to https://gp-students.sfsu.edu to download the VPN.
Article is closed for comments.