Requires Teacher role
Zoom is a full-featured web and video conferencing tool that allows for synchronous video conferencing, screen sharing and annotation, and text chat between participants. If you have not used Zoom before, we recommend checking out the getting started with Zoom guide.
Note: You will need to log in to Zoom at least once before you create a Zoom meeting within your iLearn course. To log in to Zoom, navigate to https://sfsu.zoom.us and log in using your 9 digit SF State ID and password; same as you use to log in to iLearn.
Add a Zoom meeting to your iLearn course
- From the course page, in the upper right corner, select Turn editing on.
- In the week/section you want to add the Zoom meeting, select the +Add an activity button.
- In the menu select Zoom meeting
- In the Topic field, enter a name for the meeting.This will become the name of the link on the course page.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description for the meeting.
- In the When field, select the date of your meeting.
- In the Duration field, enter how long your meeting will be.
- If the meeting will happen more than once, mark the Recurring meeting checkbox.
Note: A recurring meeting is useful if you want to set up one meeting link and reuse it throughout the whole semester.
- In the Meeting option field, mark the Enable join before host checkbox if you want to allow your students to join the meeting before you.
- Select the Save and return to course button.
Zoom meeting settings
|Topic||The name and topic of the meeting. This will become the link that students click on to access the meeting.|
|Description||A brief description about the meeting.|
|Display description on the course page||Displays the text entered in the description field above on the main course page|
|When||The date and time the meeting will occur|
|Duration||How long the meeting is|
|Recurring meeting||A meeting that occurs more than once|
|Password||A password that participants must type in order to join a meeting. By default, no password is set|
|Host video||Whether or not the host of the meeting will have their video turned on by default|
|Participants video||Whether or not the participants joining the meeting will have their video on by default|
|Meeting option - Enable join before host||Allow participants to join the meeting before the host does|
|Grade category||Determines which category in the gradebook for the class this assignment belongs to.|
|Visible||Whether this activity or resource is visible to students.|
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80
Article is closed for comments.