Meeting hosts who have recorded a Zoom meeting to the cloud can download the recording to their own computer to further edit or keep a copy for retention purposes. These downloaded files can then be uploaded to iLearn video for use in classes or to Box for sharing with colleagues.
To download a recording
- Log in to Zoom by going to https://sfsu.zoom.us/signin and using your SF State credentials
- Select Recordings from the menu on the left
- Find the recording you wish to download in the list, and then from the More menu, select Download
- A dialog box will appear alerting you that multiple files may be downloaded and that the download may take a while depending on file size. Select the Download button to begin your download.
Note: Depending on your recording, when it was done, and what was included in the meeting, you may get several different video, audio and text files. Some, but not all, Zoom cloud recordings include separate feeds for screenshare and the speaker view, a text file of the transcript of the meeting, and a .vtt file for captions. What is included in the download will depend on each person's individual cloud recording settings.
- Once completed, the files will appear in your computer's Downloads folder
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 80