Update Windows operating system to the latest supported version for best performance and security. Depending on the amount of updates, this can take some time. Be sure to save your work before performing this procedure.
- Do a search for Windows Update. Select from the list Check for updates.
- If available, select Check online for updates for Microsoft Update. Otherwise, select Check for updates.
- A list of updates will begin downloading and installing.
- When installations are finished, certain updates will prompt you to restart the computer. Select Restart now.
- The restart will take some time as updates install in the background.