Using Adapters in a Classroom
SF State enhanced classrooms are equipped with either or both of the following for connecting laptops and other compatible devices:
- 15-pin VGA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector)
- HDMI cable (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI)
Please reference the AT Classroom Database to ascertain which cable is featured in a particular room.
Most contemporary laptops will require display adapters in order to interface with the VGA or HDMI. Academic Technology has adapters available for laptops equipped with any one of the following output ports:
- Thunderbolt / Mini DisplayPort
|VGA||Found on older PCs|
|Thunderbolt||Found on PCs and Macs|
|USB-C||Found on PCs and Macs|
|HDMI||Found on most new PCs|
If a particular laptop or device does not feature any of the above ports, it is not advised to be used in enhanced classrooms.
Checking Out an Adapter
Teachers can come to AT Media and Classroom Support in Library room 85 to checkout adapters for the semester. Users who prefer to purchase their own adapter may elect to use the same vendors as AT:
- Mini DisplayPort to VGA: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5107
- Mini DisplayPort to HDMI: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12742
- USB-C to VGA: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12910
- USB-C to HDMI: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13235
- HDMI to VGA: https://www.amazon.com/Active-Adapter-Benfei-Converter-Gold-Plated/dp/B01KLKQN9U/
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80
Article is closed for comments.