Current students, faculty, and staff are eligible to install MATLAB on personally-owned computers.
These instructions cover:
Things you will need:
- Internet connection and web browser
- SFSU email address and password
To download MATLAB
- Browse to https://www.mathworks.com/academia/tah-portal/san-francisco-state-university-40748606.html
- Under Download MATLAB, select Get started today
- Log in with your SFSU email and password as you would to access iLearn or other campus systems.
- On the resulting page fill out the form.
- You will need to create a password. You will use this password when you register MATLAB, so you must keep track of this password.
- Choose your installation version. The current version is R2018b.
- Once you've chosen your installation version, select your Operating System (OS) from the following:
- The download will begin after selecting your OS.
To install and license MATLAB
- Double-click the installer you downloaded from the Mathworks portal (described above).
- Select Log In with Mathworks account
- Accept the license agreement
- Log in with the Mathworks account you created as described above
- Select Individual license
- Choose your installation location (or accept default) and select Next
- Select products (or accept defaults)
- Select Next
- Select Install
Contact Desktop Support: (415) 405-5562, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 220