This document applies to Faculty, Staff, and Students at SFSU experiencing Adobe license activation problems.
- Quit and close Acrobat.
- Click on the Creative Cloud icon on your Desktop, on a PC it is also located in your “Start Menu” and on a Mac it is located in the Finder under the ‘Application’ menu:
- Select the blue circle on the top right, then ‘Sign out’:
- Sign in once again using your SFSU credentials:
- Once you are signed back in, select ‘Help’ from the menu bar and click ‘Check for updates’:
- Launch Acrobat from Creative Cloud and see if it is fixed:
If Acrobat still isn’t working, follow these additional steps to uninstall/reinstall:
1. Click on the three dots next to Acrobat DC, then select Uninstall:
- After it is done, Acrobat DC will appear as an app available in your plan. Click to install:
- It may take a few moments:
- Once it’s done, click OPEN to launch.
- Repeat this uninstall/re-install process for any Adobe application that is effected by this issue.