In Canvas, all users have the ability to set their default Account-Level Notification Preferences as well as modify their Course-Level Notification Preferences.
NOTE: Course Level Notifications Preferences are inherited from the Account-Level Notification Preferences settings, but any changes made at the Course-Level will override the Account-Level settings.
To receive a copy of the announcements and inbox messages you send from Canvas, you will need to update your notification settings.
Changing Account-Level Notification Settings
Account-Level notifications settings apply to all Canvas courses.
- Log in to Canvas.
- Select your Account in the Global Navigation, and select Notifications.
- On the Notification settings page, there are two settings you will want to change:
- Announcement Created By You
- Conversations Created By Me
- For each of the two settings, select the bell icon to the right of them.
- Select the Notify immediately option to receive announcements and inbox messages that you send right away.
Note: Once selected, the icon in the Email column will turn into a green solid bell for that setting and the changes will save automatically. You will begin to receive a copy of the announcement or message you send through Canvas.
Changing Course-Level Settings for Announcements
You can set specific settings for your announcements at the course level to be different than your default Account-Level settings.
NOTE: Course-Level notification settings override Account-Level notification settings.
- Navigate to your Canvas course.
- On the Home page of your course, select the View Course Notifications button on the right-hand side.
- Under the Email column, select the bell icon to the right of Announcement Created By You.
- Select the Notify immediately option to receive announcements that you send right away.
Note: Once selected, the icon in the Email column will turn into a green solid bell and the changes will automatically save. You will begin to receive a copy of the announcement you send for this course.