Instructors have the ability to set up an online assignment for their students to annotate and receive a grade.
To annotate an assignment, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to your assignment in Canvas. Select the name of your assignment.
- The document that needs to be annotated will automatically appear under the Details section. To add annotations to the document, choose any of the options available from the toolbar.
- Selection Arrow : Allows you to select any annotation created. Also, provides the ability to delete any annotation.
- Point : allows you to place a marker on the document and add text. Most useful for inline annotations.
- Highlight : Allows you to highlight text on the document using a unique color.
- Freetext : Allows you to add a text box anywhere on the document itself. Freetext cannot be added outside of the actual document.
- Strikeout : Allows you to place a line through any text on the document.
- Free draw : Allows you to free hand any design on the document as if you were writing with a pen on a piece of paper.
- Area : Allows you to add a rectangular frame on the document, which you can then add a comment to.
3. Once you have finished adding your annotations to the document, select the Submit Assignment button on the bottom right corner.
Note: If your instructor has only allowed one attempt for this assignment, you will not be able to edit or change your annotations after submission.
Article is closed for comments.