Requires Teacher Role.
Instructors have the ability to set up more than one due date for an assignment in Canvas. This guide can be used to set up different due dates for established course sections or individual students.
- Log in to Canvas.
- Navigate to your course in Canvas.
- From the left-side course navigation menu, select Assignments.
- Select the assignment name.
- Select the Edit button.
- In the Assign section of the assignment settings, select the +Add button to add an additional due date.
- Click into the Assign to field, and choose either a course section or a specific student you wish to assign the other due date for.
- Select a Due date. You can also set an available from and until date, but this is not required.
- In the bottom right corner, select Save. The additional due date will take effect to whomever it was assigned to.