Requires Teacher Role.
Instructors have the ability to set up more than one due date for an assignment in Canvas. This guide can be used to setup different due dates for established course sections or individual students.
- Navigate to your assignment in Canvas.
- Select the assignment name.
- Select the Edit button.
- In the Assign section of the assignment settings, select the +Add button to add an additional due date.
- Click into the Assign to field, and choose either a course section or a specific student you wish to assign the other due date for.
- Select a Due date. You can also set an available from and until date, but this is not required.
- In the bottom right corner, select Save. The additional due date will take effect to whomever it was assigned to.