This document is for faculty or staff who may have received a university-provided Windows laptop via delivery.
- Connect to your home WiFi. Click the WiFi icon and enter your WiFi access point name and password when prompted.
- Click the Connect Before Logon icon in the lower right corner. It appears as two overlapping computers
- The GlobalProtect Client will launch
- Enter your SF State ID and Password and click Login
NOTE: you will not be able to tab between fields and must use your mouse
- Enter your DUO password if prompted
- The GlobalProtect Client will indicated if connection was successful. Click the Back to log in
- In the lower left hand corner of the screen, click Other User and enter your SF State ID and Password in the resulting login prompt
- You only need to use Connect Before Logon the first time you log into your new device. The next time you launch GlobalProtect you will get a message asking if you would like to downgrade to version 5.1.4-45, please click Yes
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, email@example.com, LIB 80