The Avaya IX Workplace client is available through the Software Center on University computers. This installation requires a computer reboot so we recommend saving and closing any work you have open before beginning the process.
Pre-requisite: Connect to GlobalProtect VPN
- Connect with GlobalProtect. Refer to the ITS VPN Guide for instructions on downloading, installing and connecting with GlobalProtect software.
- Wait about 15-30 minutes for all policies to sync before proceeding with the Avaya IX Workplace Client installation.
Avaya IX Workplace Client Installation
- Open the Start Menu using the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen
- Select Software Center to open it
- In the Software Center, select Avaya IX Workplace
- On the Application Details page, select Install
After clicking Install, you will see a progress window as Avaya installs. Go to step 7.
NOTE: For a small percentage of users that are running an old version of Windows 10, there will be additional steps:
- The installation will install .NET framework, and will reboot the computer. You will then need to log back in to Windows and reconnect to VPN in order for the task sequence to continue automatically and continue installing Avaya.
- If you leave during the 5-10 minute install and don't log back in, the installation will fail. However, you can then retry the install from Software Center and this time it will install without rebooting.
- When installation is done, the button will change to "Reinstall" with this small text below: Status: Installed. You can then use Avaya.
Avaya IX Workplace Client Setup
- Open the Avaya IX Workplace application
- At the setup screen, select Configure my account
- Enter your SF State email address and select NEXT
- Sign in through the SF State Global Login using your SF State email address and password
NOTE: You must use the SF State email address instead of ID number for the username
- Authenticate through Duo using a push notification or code
- You will be taken to the Avaya IX Workplace tutorial. Use the NEXT button to continue through the tutorial, and PREVIOUS to view previous screens.
- Select DONE to complete the tutorial.
For additional assistance, contact Academic Technology: (415) 405-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org, LIB 80