By default, Canvas displays the total course grade as a percentage in the gradebook and on the Grades page of individual students.
Default Total Column in Grades
To display the total course grade as a letter grade
- Navigate to your course in Canvas.
- On the left, from the course navigation menu, select Settings.
- Select the Course Details tab.
- At the Grading Scheme option, select the “Enable course grading scheme” check box. After checking the box, a drop down menu will appear below, which gives you the option to select a specific grading scheme.
Note: To set a custom grading scheme, select the “Manage All Grading Schemes” link, then select "+ Add grading scheme".
5. At the bottom of the page, select the Update Course Details button.
The total course grade will now be displayed as a percentage and a letter grade in the gradebook and on the Grades page of individual students.
New Total Column in Grades