In Canvas, instructors have the ability to export grades into a spreadsheet. They can filter out data to export specific grades or they can export the entire gradebook.
1. Log in to Canvas.
2. Navigate to your course in Canvas.
3. From the left course navigation menu, select Grades.
4. In the top right corner, select the Export button.
5. From the drop-down menu, choose one of the following options:
- Export Current Gradebook View - if there are any active filters in the Grades, the exported file will only include the data that is currently displayed in the Grades area. To remove filters, select the "X" directly to the right of it.
- Export Entire Gradebook - exports all assignments and grades for every student in the course.
6. After choosing an option, Canvas will automatically start preparing the spreadsheet file. The .CSV file will be downloaded directly to your device.
- If you are using a Mac, the file will most likely be located in Finder, in the Downloads folder.
- If you are using a PC, the file will most likely be located in File Explorer, in the Downloads folder.