Similar to iLearn, you can set up a weighted gradebook in Canvas. This process is done differently in Canvas since you must start the process within the Assignments section rather than within the gradebook itself. You first must create Assignment Groups, then you can assign a weight to each of those groups.
1. Navigate to your Canvas course.
2. Select the Assignments link from the left navigation menu.
3. Select the + Group button in the top right to create an Assignment Group. You'll want to repeat this step until you have created all of the assignment groups for your course.
Note: Any graded item within this course will be listed in the Assignments area. Any assignments imported from iLearn will have automatically been put into an Assignment Group called "Imported Assignments". Assignment Groups are similar to what iLearn called gradebook categories.
4. Enter a name for the Assignment Group, then select Save.
5. Select the three dots icon on the top right corner, then select Assignment Groups Weight from the drop-down menu.
6. Select the check box by Weight final grade based on assignment groups, then you can enter a percentage for each of the assignment groups.
7. Select Save.
The weights of each group will then appear on the Assignments page. You can then move items around and place them into their correct Assignment Group by selecting the three dots directly to the right of an item and then selecting Move To...